Wednesday, February 5, 2014

52 weeks - Week 3


3/52 - Off to new adventures

Hi everyone, 

Yesterday I showed you my Before & After for my image "In the early morning hours. This blog post is about my image "Off to new adventures" for week 3. 

The theme for week 3 was Books. I had several ideas but they all included either other people or at least help from friends which I couldn't get at the time of the day I wanted to shoot. Then, one morning during the week of the theme, when I was riding home on the underground from my boyfriend, I had the idea that I wanted something to come out of the book or something like that. In the end, after thinking for a little longer, I thought it would be really cool if I could have a plane or helicopter made of paper fly over a book. 

When I arrived home, I searched online until I found a manual to make a helicopter or plane and found this video manual here. It took me a long time until it was ready - much longer than I had thought. But in the end it worked! I still had to choose a book that I wanted to use in the photo and after having given it some thought, I decided to use one of the Adventure Series books by Enid Blyton. I have always liked her books and this series in particular. Whoever has read the books, will know that the main characters get saved by a helicopter more than once. 

So I went outside and started shooting - despite the fact that it was much brighter and sunnier by that time (Do you guys dislike shooting in bright sunlight as much as I do?) Again, several dog-walkers stopped and watched me, probably wondering what I was doing there...

I went home and started working on my image straight away. I cropped it, added the paper helicopter from another photo I had taken at the same location, added some clouds and shadows and changed the light and tones. 

I hope you like it!

All the best, 
Andrea 

If you want to see this photo on Flickr, go here.  


~ 0 comments: ~

~ Post a Comment ~

+

Pages

Blogger templates

© 2014. Andrea Peipe - Visual Stories .. Powered by Blogger.

Most Reading

Blogger templates

Search

About

My name is Andrea Peipe and I am a freelance photographer based in Munich, Germany. My main interests are creative portraits - be it of individuals, couples, families or babies - as well as fine art photography. I love most of all to create images that move the viewer emotionally and transport him or her into a different world. I love working together and/or collaborating with other creatives all over the world so if you happen to come to Munich, write me a message.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to help if I can.

Follow me on Flickr

Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Website