Tuesday, February 4, 2014

52 weeks - Week 2


2/52 - In the early morning hours 
Hi everyone,

In my last blog post I showed you my image for the first week of my 52 week project. I am currently in week 5 but still have to take that image since I have not found the time to do that yet.

The theme for week two was "Red". While I thought about and sketched several images for this theme, in the end I went for a different approach and that rather spontaneously. I woke up early on the day I took it (it was a weekend and there was no need to get up really) but the moment I started waking up, for some reason I started thinking about the theme and I just couldn't go back to sleep.

I had bought a bunch of roses the day before and they seemed just too beautiful to not use for a photo so I eventually decided that I would use the roses. From this decision, it didn't take a long time to decide on a dress and a pose which would work for my photo. I was extra lucky because when I then looked out of the window, I saw that there was fog outside! This is quite a rare thing in the city so I quickly packed my stuff, grabbed my camera and went out to shoot.

I set the focus by back-focusing and then twirled around in my dress with my roses for quite a while and was looked at funnily by people walking their dogs early in the morning. When I was sure I had the photo I wanted to use, I took photos from all around the spot I was in to have enough material for an expansion later on. I often use the Brenizer method which I can only recommend if you are working with a 35 or 50 mm lens. I also made sure I had a few images with the roses in different spots.

Then I went home and worked on the photo for a while, first expanding it, then adding the moving part of the dress from another photo I took, adding the roses and then working on light and tones.

I hope you like it!

All the best,
Andrea


If you want to see this photo on Flickr, go here.




~ 0 comments: ~

~ Post a Comment ~

+

Pages

Blogger templates

© 2014. Andrea Peipe - Visual Stories .. Powered by Blogger.

Most Reading

Blogger templates

Search

About

My name is Andrea Peipe and I am a freelance photographer based in Munich, Germany. My main interests are creative portraits - be it of individuals, couples, families or babies - as well as fine art photography. I love most of all to create images that move the viewer emotionally and transport him or her into a different world. I love working together and/or collaborating with other creatives all over the world so if you happen to come to Munich, write me a message.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to help if I can.

Follow me on Flickr

Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Website